73 Days Left Until the Seminar
Date + Time:
Friday, June 19, 2020 8:30am - 5:00pm
One North Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
RDH or Aux. in attendance with Dentist: $145.00
Add $10/registrant if after: Friday, June 12, 2020
$5/day (reduced from $10) with CDS validation. Use hotel garage.
Course DescriptionAdvanced Hygiene Therapy - Developing a Comprehensive Approach
In treating today’s periodontal patient successfully, the clinician must customize a treatment plan that goes beyond the removal of plaque and calculus. Achieving excellent clinical outcomes involves assessing for systemic issues, communicating and customizing home care according to the patient’s level of understanding and ability to perform home care procedures, and choosing appropriate adjuncts to care. In this course, we will explore the multi-faceted treatment planning approach, including scheduling and coding, adjuncts to care, and choosing appropriate home care aids. We will examine liability risk and documentation, and we will also explore strategies for dealing with informed consent and refusal of definitive care.
- Etiology of periodontitis/host involvement
- Etiology and microbes associated with disease progression
- Bacterial complexes and role of viruses
- Role of biofilm
- Efficacy of various antimicrobials
- High velocity lavage
- Other risk factors
- Systemic interrelationships
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory diseases
- Other systemic diseases
- Adjuncts to care
- Interdental cleaning aids
- Flossing controversy
- Power brushes
- Systemic antibiotics
- Probing technique
- Clinical process
- Step-by-step debridement process
- Treatment planning by case type
- Implementing high-volume suction
- Time consideration
- Recall systems
- Teaching homecare/interdental cleaning
- Customizing according to patient ability
- Changing home care behavior
- Coding considerations
- Using the most appropriate codes
- How to code the gingivitis patient
- Site-specific periodontal treatment
- Periodontal maintenance
- Debridement protocol
- Adjuncts to care
- Legal issues/refusal of treatment
- Informed refusal/informed consent
- How to deal with patients that refuse definitive care
- Wrap-up and questions
Ms. Glasscoe Watterson's presentation is didactic lecture using a comprehensive student handout and PowerPoint visuals. There is a pretest and numerous fill-in-blank reviews throughout the teaching session with ample time for question and answer interaction with the presenter."
To register by phone, please call (603) 736-9200To register by fax, please send completed registration form to: (603) 736-9208. Download blank form here.
What People Are Saying
- "Loved it! Learned so much. Handout is awesome. Dianne was interesting and entertaining!"
- C.M., RDH (Denver, CO)
- "This is my 3rd seminar with Dianne. I came because I learned so much from her in the first two."
-S.J., RDH (Columbus, OH)
- "Best course I’ve attended in many years."
- T.Q., RDH (Olympia, WA)
- "She was wonderful! I wish she had been one of my instructors at school. Very informative! I’m really excited to take some of this info back to work."
- C.D., RDH (Bettendorf, IA)
At the completion of this course the participants should be able to:
- Understand the factors involved in periodontal breakdown
- Explore the most prominent systemic disease interrelationships
- Choose adjuncts to care based on severity and appropriateness
- Develop better clinical protocol
- Customize home care modalities
- Understand which codes are most appropriate for particular case types
- Develop the best approach when patients refuse definitive care for periodontal disease