Nicolaas C. Geurs D.D.S., M.S.
Nicolaas C. Geurs, D.D.S. , M.S. is the Weatherford-Palcanis Endowed Professor and chair of the department of Periodontology at theUniversity of Alabama at Birmingham. He received his dental degree at ACTA (Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands) in 1992. He completed his training inPeriodontology and Master’s in Clinical Dentistry at the University of Alabama atBirmingham from 1992-1995. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and a Fellow of the American College of Dentists. He is actively involved in teaching periodontology and implantology toboth the dental students and post graduate students. He was the directorof the advanced education program in Periodontology for 10 years and is currently the chair of the Department of Periodontology. His research interests include: periodontitis and systemic health; regeneration; bone grafting and dental implantology. He has published and lecturedextensively on these topics. In 2016 Dr. Geurs was awarded the presidents award for excellence in teaching by the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
What People Are Saying
- "One of the best seminars I’ve attended."
- S.V., RDH (Lancaster, PA)
- "Great delivery of info. Enjoyed the evidence based info."
-RDH (Las Vegas, NV)
- "Speaker was fabulous, lots of information, explained well, love the take home materials."
- E.B., RDH (Tempe, AZ)
- "The information I have learned today was great & something that I can incorporate in my office"
- C.D., RDH (Bettendorf, IA)
- "Dr. Geurs was excellent!! Well spent Saturday with him, Thank you!"
- L.V., DDS (Sacramento, CA)
- "Very personable, good speaker and very knowledgable."
- M.H., DDS (Stockton, CA)